Pattern: Ball band dishcloth (8 total)
Yarn: Plymouth yarn Fantasy naturale in 9701 (2 skeins) and 8019, Tahki Cotton Classic color 3936
Needles: don’t recall – 7?
Began: January 2007 ; Completed: January 2007
I had heard of the Mason-Dixon ball band dishcloth and thought it might be interesting to try. I had never done a slip stitch pattern before. I had two skeins of a multi-colored cotton and one of a light green (Plymouth yarn Fantasy naturale in 9701 and 8019). I purchased the purple at my LYS when I realized I needed another color (Tahki Cotton Classic in 3936). These colors are very much DJ colors. I made 8 of these, and gave 2 to my mother when visiting her in January and am keeping 3. These are made with fewer repeats across and hence with fewer repeats of the pattern to keep them square. The purple is a bit thiner (5 vs. 4.5 sts = 1″) than the other yarns.
DJ’s husband’s color is black. Lest he feel excluded from the dishcloths, and since I had a ball of Sugar ‘n cream black cotton, I made him a black dishcloth using a basic pattern. I didn’t bother blocking it, but perhaps should have because the edges look pretty bad, especially in the photo. However, I honestly wasn’t too concerned about the edges since this was being made as a bit of a joke. This cotton is not mercerized, which I believe is more typical for dishcloths. I don’t know what difference the mercerizing will make in using them.