This weekend I finished the hat for my sister. I may even be able to get it to her while she can still use it if I get the box in the mail tomorrow.
Pattern: Clara, from Hip Knit Hats by Cathy Carron
Yarn: Trendsetter Yarns Kashmir (65% Cashmere 35% Silk) in fuchsia and
Debbie Bliss Wool/cotton (50% Merino wool 50% Cotton, discontinued), color 701
Needles: number 9 and 10 (for brim) double point
Began: March 2007. Completed: April 2007
Modifications: Due to difference in yarn and gauge, increased to 90 stitches. I made the brim narrower and in different color. I made the main part of the hat until I ran out of yarn, which was about 7.25″ as instructed by the pattern. The brim is only 1.25″ (instead of 2″) because that’s how much yarn I had on the two small remnants I was using up from the baby blanket I made for CL.
This is the first real hat I made. I think it came out OK. It is a little loose on me, so hopefully DJ took her measurements correctly and I made it correctly to size. If not, I’ll rip it out and redo it.