I finished the beaded hat for DJ.
The knitting is not exciting (cast on 88 stitches, stockinette the whole way (so reverse stockinette shows beads on rolled edge), when just enough yarn was left to decrease (5 5/8″” from CO edge), start decreasing every other row, dividing hat in 1/8ths). I tried a bit of pattern at first, but since the whole point of this is the handspun yarn, I decided to keep the knitting very simple.
The hat uses one of my first beaded yarn samples for the rolled edge, then multi-roving yarn (with the darkest/least pink end used first so it would be covered by the rolled edge, followed by a pinker section of the multi-roving yarn held with a sample of slub yarn from last fall, and then finishing with multi-roving yarn with beads. It is very hard to see the beads, even in person.
In other news—I checked out a whole lot of books from the library and am trying not to look at them until I have written up a review so expect to see a bunch of book reviews.