I used the Myra pattern. I need to update it because I made a minor modification. On the rounds where there is a knit 2 together that uses one stitch from one pattern unit with another pattern unit, I moved the last stitch of the preceding round from the right to the left needle and then knit it with the next stitch. I shifted the loop halfway around the doily (since I was using the magic loop), by one stitch so that it would work out correctly.
After I test ran the pattern I determined I hadn’t spun quite enough. I now have a few yards remaining. This was my first time adding beads as I knit. I used no. 6 beads that I had on hand. I had one bead left (hence why the middle alternates between 2 and 3 beads on a petal). I used a small loop of flexible jewelry wire, folded in half to put the bead on a loop. (Knit a stitch, slip stitch off, put wire loop through stitch, poke ends through the bead, slide bead on, remove wire loop, put stitch back on the right needle.)
This is also the first time I decided where to put beads in a pattern. The 2–3 beads on the large petal did not wind up where I expected them; I had thought they would be shifted to the right, centered in the point and running closer to one side of the petal. Actually, I think the problem is I should have added them a couple of rows later (on rows 22, 26 and 30).
I blocked it to 12″.